Tuesday, June 10, 2008

New Family Rule


Well, I'll have to admit I've been taken the easy way out when it comes to dealing with Akayla in the evenings after work. I have been doing some "fun" reading online and I've come to the conclusion that Akayla watches way too much TV. It's sad when as soon as she gets home after we pick her of from school and the first thing she asks for is to watch Shrek (her favorite movie). Time to draw the line! Our new family rule is no TV until 7:00. I know that it still sounds early, but it's a start and maybe/hopefully it will adjust to 8:00 (which is Akayla's quiet time before bed). Last night, she was in a really good mood so I had fun playing with her, she helped me make Jello and then she sat on the counter and played with the waterfaucet in the sink. She would fill and empty random cups and little bowls with water. While she did that, I made dinner. It worked out pretty good. I'll keep ya posted as to how it goes..... or how long it'll last. :-)

2 comments:

Kritta22 said...

I agree. We are going to have to start doing something like that too! Maybe it will help with the manners...I know it helped with mine when my parents did it in high school!

Kritta22 said...

OK so I'm going to write you on all three things, myspace facebook and blogspot because I don't know which one you check most. I totally realized that I should tell you something to help you.
Have your husband and you wear funny hats and glasses around your munchkin the next couple days. When she is sealed to you, you are going to be wearing different clothes then she's seen, you a veil so in order to make it some what okay, try doing stuff like that. Connor totally freaked because he had never seen us wear anything but baseball caps on our head. You are going to look different to her and she's going to be in a new place where people are trying to keep her quiet, it smells new, everybody there is nice, but new and it's gonna freak her out if ya don't do a little preparing. I wish someone would have told us. Connor yelled through the whole thing. So that's my advice! Write me and tell me how it goes!
Krista