Thursday, July 29, 2010

Shayla's 2nd Fracture~May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day to me!! Fracture #2 for Shayla bear scenerio: I'm downstairs watching P.S. I love you with my sister Triana while she is feeding Shayla some dried cereal, Akayla is playing on the floor, Keidy is still in bed. Now when I'm watching a movie there is no talking to me because I'm soooo zoned out, well this time I'm zoned out but all of a sudden I hear this "CRACK!" I look down, Akayla had rolled into Shayla from behind but Shay's foot was under the edge of the couch so when she turned to fall down, she did a spiral fracture of her tibia. I always thought that the whole saying that your child will have a different cry when they break was a hoax. It's sooo not. That was the weirdest cry I've ever heard. Now Shayla has a set of lungs but she did not use them at all when it came to her breaking. I was like a soft, in pain cry. So sad! Well we then wake up Keidy and we head over to the Everett Clinic Walk in and turned out that there deffinately was a fracture. So she was splinted (which she absolutely hated) and was then taken home. Monday, the following day I took her to the Ortho Department and she picked out a Hot Pink Cast! She liked that one much better. I'm assuming it's because #1 she got to pick it out, #2 because it was more supported. We then had to follow up with the ortho physican a few times to make sure the Tibia wasn't going on a growing spurt leaving the fibula behind. She healed perfectly. She now has her cast off and is good to go.

No comments: