Sunday, August 24, 2008

Colon Fam Update

Hi ya, I'm sorry that I haven't posted anything in a little while, I've been resting a lot and have been trying to get last minute things done before our new addition arrives on Tuesday. Yes, that's right, Tuesday!!! We are scheduled for the Operation room at 7:30 am and have to be at the hospital at 5:30 am. I figured, why wait all do to have this baby, I made it a first thing priority for the day! :-) All has been going well for the Colon family. Keidy is calm and cool about having the new addition arrive so soon. Akayla is beyond excited for Shayla to arrive. She calls the baby "my baby shayla", its cute. Me, well, I'm sort of freaking out. I thought it would be easier the second time around since I know what to expect and all but to be honest, I'm more nervous than anything. I keep worrying that Akayla is not going to get enough attention and will have negative feelings toward Shayla. Today I tried to make it a fun day with Akayla.I painted her nails (fingernails are purple and toenails are hot pink) she got to pick the colors.











We read stories together, I even attempted to teach her how to play Candy Land. It didn't go over as well as I had hoped, but overall it was a nice day together. Inbetween I also rested alot, I don't think she was very happy with that portion at all. But she got over it. I think she had a pretty fun mommy day.

Well that is our family update for now. I will have more posted as soon as I'm home from the hospital which should be either Thursday or Friday!!

No comments: